The world's tallest wooden house is adorned with Woodsafe Exterior WFX
In collaboration with premium partner Woodify AS, the world's tallest wooden house has been fitted with a cladding consisting of pine, modified according to Thermowood-D technology and impregnated with Woodsafe's system Exterior WFX.
This is one of many flagship projects Woodsafe has in its project portfolio. The choice from the client and the client's contractor chose Woodsafe Exterior WFX for the simple reason that the composition and properties of the fire protection agent are world-unique.
The history of the fire protection agent Exterior WFX dates back to the 1960s and originates from North America with more than 10 million impregnated cubic meters, in North America alone. The fire protection agent is the world's largest product of its kind and is unique in the world as it is the only product that is approved for use in Europe.
Woodsafe Exterior WFX was thus the obvious choice of fire protection when the world's tallest wooden house was built.
See movia about Mjöstornet here from our partner Woodify AS.
Facts about Woodsafe Exterior WFX®
- Multicomponent-based fire impregnating agent that is hardened in production into a non-aqueous solution polymer.
- Industrially impregnated via vacuum pressure process with monitoring control.
- CE certified according to EN14915:2013, CPR 305/2011, AVCP system 1.
- Type approval certificate according to SP-Fire 105.
- Type approval certificate according to EN16755 INT1, INT2, EXT.
- Classified as Leach Resistance (LR) by the Wood Protection Association (WPA), UK.
- Partners, exclusively trained by Woodsafe's Academy concept.